Sunday, April 13, 2014

Birthday in Zobue

It has been a while since I last published a post, mostly because I've been busy with a very special visitor! Dad has been visiting here for the past 10 days or so! It's been so fun to have him here.  I'll post more about his trip soon, but here I just wanted to share a few pictures of how I spent my birthday yesterday.  

Yesterday I turned 25 in Zobue.  Dad was planning to make me a cake in the morning, but we woke up to no electricity so instead we made breakfast and coffee on the charcoal stove.  The rest of the morning was spent playing guitar and dancing with the neighborhood kids.  In the afternoon we went to Zobue's only restaurant, Quinta Monte with Emma, Albertina, Sylvia, Leme, Servina, and their two daughters Marnela and Suneila.  After dinner the electricity had come back on so Dad made the cake--a delicious Deep South Oatmeal Spice Cake from the "You Can Make it in Mozambique" cookbook.  I'd say it was a great birthday spent in Zobue. 

Sardinho and Celia hanging out for guitar and dancing time.

Celena and Jano being the adorable siblings that they are.

Dance party to Wavin' Flag

Dad in Zobue!

Dinner party--blowing up balloons.

Leme and family plus Emma, Dad, Albertina, and Sylvia.

Suneila! Such an adorable baby--and she NEVER cries!

1 comment:

  1. Sienna, Happy Birthday! We have sun and spring here in Anchorage. Your home is beautiful, and the children too. Great to see your dad in the pictures. Keep having fun....

    ReplyDelete