Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sunsets in Zobue

One of the houses I grew up in was in the mountains outside Anchorage and we could watch the sunset over the inlet every day.  I never really appreciated how special it was until I worked at a lodge in Idaho this summer.  The lodge was in a river canyon so we never got to watch the sunset and I thought, if I could choose, I would have a house where I could watch the sunset.  I never thought my very next house would fit that description! My favorite part about Zobue so far is sitting on my porch every evening and watching the sun set directly in front of me.  I can't believe I get to live here for two years.
Sunset on our first night in Zobue

Last night's sunset--I'm going to have a lot of sunset pictures by the end of two years!

Emma watching the sunset

It's even better to share sunset-watching with good people.  Here is Emma with Seni and Romao, two great young men.  They were good friends with the previous volunteers and are our best friends in Zobue so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment